Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I have bronchitis

Couldn't speak when I woke up this morning, shivering and boiling with fever, so I went to the doctor, and after a blood test (yikes) and my doctor listening to my chest, she told me it was bronchitis. She was so worried about how quickly it came on and how quickly it could turn to pneumonia that she gave me a shot (double yikes), one apparently so strong they made me lay down for it, lest I pass out.

So I've got two injuries added to my respiratory insult. I can't lay on my left side because of my arm and can't lay on my right because of my butt.

Needless to say I'm not at work and won't be for a couple more days. I feel like death, I don't really want to pass that around.

Going back to sleep now, if I can get comfortable.

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that matey. Get your other half to make a massive fuss of you.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get better
    I've had the big B a couple of times
    Yuck ... and all the coughing ...

    Did she give you a cough med ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I'm so sorry. I hope it's a quick mend, following lots of quality rest. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man that's scary! Hope the evil shot works wonders & you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better fast. Maybe that shot will do the trick. Hey, I tried to make it be just allergies...... sorry it didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hate to say it, but I wish that is what I had...went to the doc, I have the swine flu, four days in now, and I am somewhat coherent...rest easy and wish you a speedy recovery...ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry that you're poorly. Feel better soon and be good to you:)

    It's my first visit here so need to read another post but on first sight, love the look of your blog:)

    You have a new follower . . .http://gloriacarringtonferrira.blogspot.com/

    Come visit when you can:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like everyone else I hope you have a speedy and not unpleasant convalescence.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw I hope you feel better. I too am struggling to have a voice. I woke up with a horrible cold and I work in the office answering phones all day... it's tough! My boss was going to make me leave early today, glad she didn't. ;) Hope you feel better dear!

    ReplyDelete