Friday night I couldn't come up with an old friends name. Standing there, staring at her, knowing it was a double name, something kind of odd, but no, it wasn't there. It came to me randomly Saturday. And Saturday, in the car listening to the radio, I couldn't come up with the lead singer of Queen and had to call my husband to save me. Freddie Prince, Jr? Of course not. Freddy Mercury. Just today, I was emailing a proof of a brochure design and it took me five minutes to conjure up the word proof, a word I use every other day at least.
I'm just tired. When I sleep, I'm out the instant my cheek hits the pillowcase, and I sleep hard until the very last second, the alarm only waking me the moment it beeps. I hit the button and am gone again. Thank goodness my husband is still here at that time, banging around in the bathroom, running the water and playing with the cat, so I don't oversleep too long. Standing in the shower, my first coherent thought is usually I'm tired and shortly thereafter Why am I tired if I just had eight or more hours of hard sleep? Because my brain is so active all day, that's all I can come up with, that's why my brain is not keeping the information it needs, like names and words. Like a glass filled to the brim, another drop in makes three jump out.
We're hiring an office assistant right now. The hiring process has just created more work, and the training process won't be much easier. I am glad the boss is back in the office starting tomorrow. Getting questions answered right away rather than waiting for that check-in call that may or may not happen makes things run a lot smoother.
I wish I had something more interesting to post, but you all will have to settle, as I have, for the randomness that is my thought pattern lately. I wish I saw an end in sight. That may help. What doesn't kill me only makes me stronger. I will find and hire good help and in a couple months, things will settle down. Or it will have killed me-- one or the other.
I so understand this kind of exhaustion.
ReplyDeleteI forget names.
I lose ideas.
SOmetimes it's not about sleep, but about doing something you love and want to do. Right then.
Dancing?
I get it! Rest up :).
ReplyDeleteI hate to say it, my dear, but age, too, makes a difference with this thought/memory thing.
ReplyDeleteThey say puzzles and brain teasers help keep the mind sharp. Try crosswords!
Strange to be still tired after a deep sleep, isn't it? I will often muse to my husband that I go to bed tired and wake up tired. I think sometimes our bodies (and mind) are simply telling us we need a little time out, don't you think?
ReplyDeleteSounds like those stress furballs are clogging up your system! Just cough it out - ha!
ReplyDeleteHow's your lip? That was a smackin' surprise! Jasper did that to me one day when he was racing around the couch. He turned and headed straight for my head which he hit. Didn't feel too good. You have POWER CAT livin' with you, huh!
Be kind to yourself, get some pampering when you can!
You might want to have a blood test done to make sure nothing is out of whack. That bone-deep kind of exhaustion after a full night's sleep might be something other than overwork. Just a thought.
ReplyDeleteI hope you do manage to catch up and feel rested and stress-free soon.