But a part of me so wants him to know the pain he's caused. I don't know if he would care, but I still want to show him.
I'm quite a shy person. Obviously-- I can't even invite people I know to read my blog. Not even my husband. He knows it exists but has no idea what's here because I won't show him. He's ok with it though, the same way he would be if I were keeping a paper diary. Is it really better to say too much than not enough? Is it better to make someone mad or upset than to keep your feelings bottled up, ready to explode? I feel like an agitated soft drink fairly often in my life, biting my tongue, keeping back the words I really want to say. But I think there's a line where words become, the truth becomes, just plain hurtful and not at all helpful. In my brother's case, I honestly don't care if I hurt him, but I do care if my words make an impact on him, and words spoken out of anger will only put him on the defensive and never make him think about their meaning. So I'm waiting until my anger goes a bit flat. If that will ever happen, I don't know.
Happy, joyous words, those I tend to say with no hesitation. The people I love know I love them. I try very hard to put out more positivity than negativity.
In other news, I read an article last night (several, actually-- after the initial one I started searching) that said so-called "sinus" headaches are often migraines in disguise. I can watch the pointer on a barometer move and know I'm about to get a headache. I always thought it was the pressure changing in my sinuses as well that was making my face hurt, but apparently they've done studies that say that's not possible unless you also have a sinus infection, which I don't. I thought I did about a month ago (why else were my nose and eyebrows pulsing for days on end), but I just finished a two-week round of antibiotics only to begin a headache again on Sunday that has lasted to today so far. No way this is a sinus infection, I have no other symptoms. Just pain around my eyes and nose.
So, great, now not only do I have hormone-related migraines with full-on auras, apparently I also have this other kind, brought on by weather, that last as long as the weather lasts. There's no way I'm taking those damned triptans three days in a row. I've lived with "sinus" headaches for a while now, I guess I'll just keep living with them. At least now I know no cold medicine in the world is going to help me and I can cut those out. Hey, looking on the bright side.
What about giving migraine meds a shot? Imitrex works well for so many. I've been finding an increase in my migraines lately too. I hope you feel better soon.. all around.
ReplyDeleteI, too, am a frequent migrain victim. I've found that Maxalt actually works better for me than Imitrex. Hopefully you'll find some relief soon. I know how debilitating they can be.
ReplyDeleteI too get migraines. Have most of my life. After my coma, I can't be on any of the migraine meds ... I'm just on my own.
ReplyDeleteI take b complex and chelated magnesium ..
Oh, I forgot to mention .. a dark beer seems to help me. Really it does ...
ReplyDeleteI too am a letter writer. I never send them but always struggle with whether or not that would be a good idea. Just writing them does make me feel better... at least a little bit.
ReplyDeleteThat's crazy about the migraines... at least you can cut out the unnecessary meds now! :)
I hope you get better soon and I also hope you get to send those letters soon. I have found that I right the best letters when I'm angry, but I have also found that sending them like that is not the best step! I'm glad your waiting for your anger to subside before you send off that letter!
ReplyDeleteIs there perhaps a correlation between the unsaid words and the headaches? Emotion is going to find it's way out. If you don't express it purposefully then it will find another outlet. So is it possible that your headaches are a physical manifestation of an emotional withholding? Does that even make sense? I know that for years I kept a great deal bottled up and suffered unexplainable physical ailments. As soon as I became verbally and emotionally honest about what was going on in my life, the ailments disappeared. I am like you in that I often don't speak rather than say something hurtful or angry. Words can't be taken back. An apology cannot erase what has been said. But there are times when it is necessary to express yourself. Is this one of those times for you?
ReplyDeleteSo I've pulled John Mayer up on YouTube, just to listen to the song. It's playing now, and I'd forgotten how much I love it.
ReplyDeleteAnd you're right. The anger from you in that letter would have served to fuel the fire. Doesn't mean it's not worth saying, just that you can reassess how to go about it. Good luck to you, sh.
I have a brother like this too. He blames my parents for every failure in his life, instead of looking at himself..my parents have not seen him for 5 years now. they are both old and sick and even when they have been in the hospital and ask if he called I don't know what to say.. I think living a life like this using people is a form of mental illness..I really think he is sick and toxic and one should not be around him...I get so frustrated hearing my mother talk about him all the time..wondering how he is...He has caused so much pain for them ...when my parents pass..I intend not to call him.....I understand your burden...Marlene
ReplyDelete