
1) The new Thai restaurant in town. Pad Thai for lunch... yum yum.
2) The calming effect my husband has on me. I was freaking out a little this morning, having found out that my older brother's tuition (if he is in fact enrolled, have yet to confirm that) is actually $7000 when he told them and got a check from them last year for $12k. He scammed $5k from them. But I digress. I'm grateful that my husband is always able to calm me down and even make me laugh in those situations. He's a good guy to have around.
3) A beautiful weekend coming up and baseball games. It's the last home games, and I'm somewhat grateful for that as well. I love baseball season, but I'll be glad to have my weekends back too.
4) We got our tile in for our fireplace!! We have to polyurethane the wood before we can put out the mortar, so that will be the first step Sunday. Then next week at night we'll get to work cutting the mesh between the tiles so they will fit together (it's 1" glass tiles that come on sheets of 13" by 13"). Then comes the hard part of mortaring, applying, and grouting. But it's going to be beautiful!
5) Tom Petty, who can also make me happy no matter what. I dare you to listen to this and not be cheered up! Enjoy :)
I had a roommate in college for a few months that scammed her parents, too. She was getting student loans, but not telling them. So the extra money that they sent (that was supposed to be going to tuition) was used to buy her clothes and alcohol. Like I said, she was my roommate for only a few months. I couldn't put up with her very long, so I moved out.
ReplyDeleteLove the Tom Petty....nice. Have a great night...
ReplyDeleteWow, as a tuition-paying parent - that would not make me happy! Glad you have kept it in perspective, though. Nothing you can do about your brother. He is what he is.
ReplyDelete