Just a quick one today so I can get back to work (yuck)1) The sun, finally out after 4 straight days of rain
2) Antibiotics. Got a nasty sinus infection going on but these antibiotics are helping to kill it quick. I can sort of breathe today.
3) I have three irises blooming in my front yard!! see below
4) I had a fun birthday, got to eat at a new seafood place, got everything I wanted and was pampered by my husband.
5) My mother found a pieced-together but not quilted (meaning not stuffed and backed) quilt in my grandmother's attic, and my maternal grandmother said (in a moment of clarity) it was put together by her great-grandmother and great-aunt, so my paternal grandmother, who quilts, quilted it and gave it to me as a present. So it's an heirloom quilt worked on my both sides of my family. It's beautiful too, very patchworked. I'm very proud to have it and am going to figure out how to hang it in my guest room.
Oh, the joy of work. I'd love to have a family quilt like that, you're very lucky. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteOh gosh, Happy belated Birthday! Hope it was grand.
ReplyDeleteI like your Grateful Thursday posts. They remind me of what I need to be thankful for. :)